TreeTaggr will change the way we interact with our forests.
The TreeTaggr system has the following capabilities:
- Uses Twitter as the front-end app since it is free on every smartphone.
- Automatic detection of the user’s location when a 'Tweet' is sent.
- Ability for the user to enter information about the tree.
- Receive a photograph of the tree or pest.
- Process the 'Tweet' into a validated Tree Tag based on data quality requirements.
- Send a confirmation to the user when a valid Tree Tag is received by them, or send a message explaining why the 'Tweet' was not validated, and how to fix it.
- Assign credit to the user, even if they choose not to set up an account with TreeTaggr.
- Automatically update a global recognition board with user's rank and effort levels for comparison, competition, and other recognition opportunities.
- Store all the collected information in a highly scalable cloud database.
- Distribute the information in the open-source JSON data format.